What is anti-passback?
Anti-passback (APB) is a functionality that prevents a user from entering a second time without first leaving the parking location (and thus potentially giving their access pass to the parker behind him, “pass back”). APB can also be set on the exit of the parking lot. A user can then only leave the parking location if an incoming parking movement has been registered in Parkres in advance.
So, once the anti-passback is enabled, this means for users that they:
1. Can NOT drive IN when a parking transaction is still open.
2. Can NOT drive OUT when no parking transaction is open.
The anti-passback can be set on three levels, in which a hierarchy is present:
Location → Subscription → User
By default, for both a subscription and a user, the APB will be set to "overnemen" (to take over). This means that an overall setting can be made the parking lot, which then applies to all subscriptions and users at this location. Exceptions can then be set per subscription or user.
How to enable anti-passback
At location level
Go to Locations → Locations.
Find the location where you want to enable the anti-passback, click on the gear wheel icon (or right-click on the location), and click Edit.
You will see the page where all the settings for this parking location are set. In the Anti-passback block, you can check the boxes. The anti-passback settings are in Dutch. Here is the translation for every checkbox/text:
- Anti-passback inschakelen bij binnenrijden: Enable anti-passback for the entrance.
- Anti-passback inschakelen bij buitenrijden: Enable anti-passback for the exit.
- Always allow exit for known access codes
- Uitrijden altijd toestaan (ook bij ongeldig toegangsbewijs): Always allow exit (even with an invalid access pass)
- Anti-passback eenmalig negeren: Ignore the anti-passback settings only once. This option disables the anti-passback for every user for this location once. After one entrance of exit the anti-passback will enable itself again automatically. The green button Inschakelen enables this function and the red button Uitschakelen disables it.
After you've changed the settings click Save at the top right corner of the page.
At subscription level
Go to Subscriptions → Subscriptions
Find the subscription where you want to enable the anti-passback, click on the gear wheel icon (or right-click on the subscription), and click Edit.
You will see the screen with the settings for this subscription. In the Subscription information block, you can enable the anti-passback for the entrance and exit. "Aan" means on, "uit" means off and "overnemen" means to take over (it will then take over the anti-passback settings from the location). After editing, click Save at the top right of the page.
At user level
Go to Employees → Users.
Find the user for whom you want to adjust the anti-passback, click on the gear wheel icon (or right-click on the user), and click Edit.
You will see a pop-up screen where you can edit the user settings. Here you can enable the anti-passback for the entrance and exit. "Aan" means on, "uit" means off and "overnemen" means to take over (it will then take over the anti-passback settings from the location). After editing, click the Save button.